EventOur human resources team
He studied business administration at Bogazici University – Istanbul and graduated with two majors in Economics and International Marketing from Schiller International University – London. He currently owns an Istanbul-based event management company.
Mr. Sabuncuoglu began free diving at age five and scuba diving at twenty. He has been an underwater photographer since 2002.
He participated in several national and international photography juries. He was the chairman of the jury at the “Stay in the Blue” online underwater competition in 2020.
He has been the director of the Visual Commission CMAS (World Underwater Federation) since 2017 and member of the Visual Commission of the Turkish Federation of Underwater Sports.
He became the Turkish champion of underwater photography for two consecutive years, 2011 and 2012, and represented his country in different CMAS championships.
Some of their achievements are:
1. CMAS 1st European Underwater Photography Championship – Graciosa Island / Azores – Portugal: Macro Category – Gold Medal.
15. Golden Fin Underwater Photography Championship – Çeşme – Turkey: one gold medal, three silver medals and one bronze medal.
14. Golden Fin Underwater Photography Championship – Kaş – Turkey: one gold medal, one silver medal and one bronze medal.
13. CMAS World Championship of Underwater Photography – Bodrum – Turkey: a silver medal,
11. Turkish Scuba Divers Sports Club Marmara Festival Macro and Macro Theme with a two gold medals.
His photos are sold at contemporary auctions and published in several magazines. He is invited to TV shows, universities to talk about underwater.
He recently published his fifth joint book on underwater photography (Sometimes in Southern Maldives, Thailand, Palau, Cuba and Galapagos).
– Doctoral student at the University of Beira Interior – Sport Sciences.
– Master in Physical Education and Sport from the University of Madeira.
– Postgraduate degree in Management at ISAL – Instituto Superior Administração e Línguas.
– Sports Coordinator of the School Sport Services Department.
– Assistant at the University of Madeira, Department of Physical Education and Sport, University of Madeira.
– General Director of open water crossings since Madeira to Desertas (25km) in June 2015 and from Porto Santo to Ponta São Lourenço/Madeira (42km) in September 2015 and September 2019.
– General Director of several national and international competitions of pure swimming, Water Polo and Adapted Swimming, in the Autonomous Region of Madeira, such as: Swimming European Open Championships (May 2016); National Youth, Juniors and Absolute PL Championship (March 2018); LEN Men's European U19 Water Polo Championships (September 2018); National Youth and Absolute Championships/Open of Portugal (August 2019); FINA World Women's Junior Water Polo Championships (September 2019).
– Open water swimmer and passionate about nautical and underwater activities.
- Golf player
– Photographer and Videographer.
– Technical Director of Audiovisuals of the Portuguese Federation of Underwater Activities.
– National Underwater Photo and Video Selector.
– Official photographer of the open water crossings since Madeira to Desertas (25km) in June 2015 and from Porto Santo to Ponta São Lourenço/Madeira (42km) in September 2015 and September 2019.
– Official photographer of several pure swimming events, Water Polo and Adapted Swimming, in the Autonomous Region of Madeira, such as: Swimming European Open Championships (May 2016); National Youth, Juniors and Absolute PL Championship (March 2018); LEN Men's European U19 Water Polo Championships (September 2018); National Youth and Absolute Championships/Open of Portugal (August 2019); FINA World Women's Junior Water Polo Championships (September 2019).
– SSI Dive Instructor Trainer and lover of the Underwater World.
– Ondas Calmas Unipessoal, Lda – CEO.
– Member of the Swimming Association of Madeira.
– Master in Direction and Management of Projects – IMF Business School.
– IMRF Mass Rescue Operations Subject-Matter Expert.
– Postgraduate Degree in Municipal Civil Protection Management
– Advanced study cycle in Maritime Authority and Civil Protection.
– Instructor Medical Response to Major Incidents (MRMI).
– Professional Lifeguard Trainer.
– STCW Trainer – Personal Survival Techniques.
– Safety Director of the Open Water competition -Madeira Islands Ultra Swim
He was a high-performance athlete in modern pentathlon, free-diving athlete, national underwater hockey player, practitioner and instructor in free-diving and recreational diving.
With professional experience related to underwater activities, he is currently the World Director of the CMAS Underwater Hockey Commission and Director of the Department of Research and Science at FPAS. He has already taken on the roles of Technical Director and various modalities, Training Director, member of the board, President of the General Assembly Board, among other technical roles of coach and referee.
Filomena Sá Pinto
Public Official - Tax and Customs Authority
Works at the Lisbon Customs House
Born in 1959 in the interior of Angola. At 22, he decides to come to Portugal with his family. Influenced by her husband, she took a diving course in 1996. After a few years of diving, she decided to participate in the first national competition as an underwater model, where she was crowned Champion with the respective photographer. After diving in several countries, he gained a taste for photography and in 2005 decided to start shooting with a compact camera.
In 2006 he participated in the first contest (FOTODIGISUB) and took 3rd place. In 2007 the 4th place in the same competition. 2008 – 4th place 2009 – 2nd place 2010 – 3rd place 2011 – 1st place In the same year becomes Vice National Champion In 2012 National Champion In the same year participates for the first time in the 1st Pool Photography competition and takes 2nd place.
In 2014 Participates in the 1st European Championship in Ilha Graciosa (Azores) and wins the silver medal in the Wide Angle Category and a 6th place in Environment with diver. In 2015 he won the 3rd Place in Macro in the Underwater Photo Marathon contest. Participates in illustrations for some magazines, and books, decoration of Cruise Ships, does Workshops, presentations of his images in various institutions, exhibitions, etc. A photo of him announced the 30th Anniversary of the Signing of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea.
More recently, he has participated in some international photography competitions with selected photos and some awarded.
In the last four years he has been part of the Audiovisual Committee of the Portuguese Federation of Underwater Activities. (FPAS) and continues to collaborate with some photographers and train underwater models.
Facilities Manager at Vodafone Portugal
Photographer and cameraman, non-professional
2009 – 1st place in VideodigiSub with the video “Movimentos” – 3rd underwater video festival – Portimão, Portugal
2010 – winner of the fiction category with the video “Emoções” – 4th underwater video festival – Portimão, Portugal
2017 | 2019 – Member of FPAS (Portuguese Federation of Underwater Activities) team organizing federated competitions of underwater photography and video, lover of the underwater world.
– Chairman of the board of Clube Naval do Porto Santo since 2013;
– Sailing practitioner since 1989;
– National champion of Optimist started in 1992;
– Sailing Coach at the Games of the Islands of Sicily in 2011;
– Windsurf Coach at the World Championship, European Championship, European Games and Spanish Championship in 2011/2012.
– Private Security Trainer.
– Co-responsible for the security of international sporting events, MIUT, EWS, Associação Natação da Madeira, Cycling Association of Madeira and Funchal Mountain Club.
– Trainer at the School of Maritime Authority in the area of survival at sea and vessel operation.
– Trainer of the Professional Institute of Transport and Logistics of Madeira , in the area of survival at sea.
– Professional Lifeguard with the category of Coordinator.
– Technical coordinator of safety in Open Water events of the Swimming Association of Madeira.
– Water Safety Coordinator at the World For Swimming European Open Championships 2016.
– Senior Technician of the Regional Education Directorate.
– Responsible for transport and acquisition of material for the Department of School Sport Services.
– Grade 1 football coach.
– Passionate about the sea in underwater activities.
– Senior Technician of the Regional Directorate of Education.
– Works in the Logistics Department of the School Sport Services Department.
– Former water polo athlete by Clube Desportivo Aquático.
– Level I Surf Technician.
– Lover of nautical activities.
– Degree in Physical Education – Scientific Branch
– Master in Physical Education Teaching in Basic and Secondary Education
– Coordinator of the F&B and Events Department at Hotel Quinta do Lorde
– Coordinator of the F&B Department at Galo Resort Hotels
– Accounting and Human Resources Administration at Hotel Quinta Splendida
– 12 year, Professional Technical Secretariat course at Escola da Apel
– Degree in Portuguese and English from the Escola Superior de Viseu.
– International Professional Coach Certificate.
– Entrepreneur and teacher.
– Senior Diamond Director Oriflame.
– Creator of companies and brands, such as: Be-Wide Online Solutions, Peliculas Online, Vinyl Shop, Madeira Gifts, Madeira Top Experience.
– Belongs to the Be:Coach Team.
– Passionate about the sea in underwater activities.
– Degree in Economics.
– Courses in the areas of Quality Management; Time management; Mentoring; Financial Risk Analysis; Solicitor; Insurance; Project management; Management; Trade negotiations; Couching; Counselling; Leadership; Real Estate Appraisals; Policy Quality Improvement Plan.
– UCI Director Madeira – União de Créditos Imobiliários SA
– Junior Achievement Portugal volunteer.
– Volunteer of the Food Bank of Madeira.
– Volunteer of the League Against Cancer.
– Director of protocol ceremonies of open water crossings since Madeira to Desertas (25km) in June 2015 and from Porto Santo to Ponta São Lourenço/Madeira (42km) in September 2015 and September 2019.
– Director of protocol ceremonies of several national and international competitions of pure swimming, Water Polo and Adapted Swimming, in the Autonomous Region of Madeira, such as: Swimming European Open Championships (May 2016); National Youth, Juniors and Absolute PL Championship (March 2018); LEN Men's European U19 Water Polo Championships (September 2018); National Youth and Absolute Championships/Open of Portugal (August 2019); FINA World Women's Junior Water Polo Championships (September 2019).
– Open water swimmer and passionate about sports activities such as Swimming, Trail, Cycling.
In 2014 he was awarded European Champion in total points and in the 'Macro Theme' category.
In 2017, he was awarded world champion in the 'Wide Angle with Model' category and took 3rd place in total points.
He also participated in many national competitions as a member of the jury.
He has been a member of the Visual Committee of the Turkish Underwater Sports Federation since 2018.
Cenk Ceylanoğlu is a dentist / orthodontic specialist active in Istanbul-Turkey.
Renee Grinnell Capozzola
Julie is a Trimix diver, a PADI Assistant-Instructor, DAN Instructor and the past owner of PADI 5-Star IDC that won three North-American awards. She is an active ocean conservationist, seasoned speaker, contributes to various dive publications, has co-authored a book and is the co-founder of an International Underwater Film Festival.